Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Day 7:
Little Miss Daisy
6x6 Oil on canvas panel
My first attempt at a dog.  This little angel left this world for doggie heaven a few weeks ago and she left a hole in the hearts of a very special family that I know.  This morning, I got a google video (from my photos) of my 2 dear canine companions and it got me feeling the need to paint a fur baby.  I couldn't find any photos (right away) of my pups that inspired me so I had this one and thought I would give her a try.  Another challenge, to be sure, especially when you are trying so hard to capture the true essence of the loved one.  I hope I managed to do her justice.  I had fun and am sure there will be more furry creature paintings in my future.
FYI:  I began this painting by painting the background all black.  I was curious to see how that would affect the painting.  Not sure whether it really did much to the end painting, as it all got pretty much covered.  I'll try the next one with a different ground and see the difference.  A reminder, that these daily paintings are not only great practice, but opportunities to try something new.  If it fails, then you've only spent a few hours and few supplies but gained a bunch of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, so I forget what day I'm on as it seems I can't quite manage a painting every single day - especially when it is in oil as the...