Thursday, November 14, 2019

Day 8:
From my love, 6x6 oil on panel
I'm not going to lie, painting flowers is not easy.  I was trying to keep my brushstrokes loose and at a minimum.  I could have easily overworked this one but the voice in my head kept saying stop before you think you're finished, so I did.  Can't say I'm thrilled with the results but there are definitely things about it that I like.  I think the composition is good.  Where does your eye go first?  The red of course, especially at the center of the rose (where there is great contrast). I added the touch of of red on the far left to balance out the heaviness of the red rose, take your eye over there but not off because it picks up on the purple flowers.  The textures, I think, keep you entertained and moving all about the painting.  Always happy to here your comments!?!

P.S.  There will likely be another flower painting as I have this beautiful bouquet that my husband surprised me with "just because I love you!"  Aww, how lucky am I?  And because I have a lot more of these colors already mixed and left on my palette and I hate to waste it.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, so I forget what day I'm on as it seems I can't quite manage a painting every single day - especially when it is in oil as the...