Thursday, November 7, 2019

Day 5
Yum, Avocado!
6x6 Oil on canvas panel

Oil paintings are hard to photograph!  All that sheen and texture (research and practice on that to come).  Anyways, this is a quick snapshot that I don't think is very accurate to the painting.  I like much better in person.   I LOVE avocados and thought the colors would be fun and they were.  I also LOVE purple, hence the background.  The avocado is actually sitting on a cream color table cloth that has scrolling texture in it, so I decided to add it as it seemed a little boring without it.  I did think about composition, trying not to place it in the center.  I tried making it big and cropping it but didn't like that as it takes away from the lovely shape of this fruit.  When composing, you need to remember not to place the object(s) too close to the edges either.  I will say, I am finding that my objects always seem to end up smaller than my intended thumbnail and sketch.  Perhaps, I will need to begin larger than I think I would like the finished painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, so I forget what day I'm on as it seems I can't quite manage a painting every single day - especially when it is in oil as the...